Like humans, being Liver is the crucial organ of your canine body. So the Dogs Liver Disease can be treated and managed. Further, Dog’s Liver helps digestion, blood clotting, and removing toxins from the system. If you think your canine shows Liver disease, then immediately check with your canine vet. Here know that about Throat Cancer In Dogs.
The power of the Liver in dogs
The Liver is the central organ of the canine body, and it is situated between the stomach and the diaphragm, so it performs these specific functions;
It helps to detoxify the blood in the Liver.
It helps to break down the fats for energy and break downs the carbohydrate to regulate the blood sugar level in our canine body.
It also makes the proteins that help in blood clotting.
Symptoms of the Liver Disease in Dogs
The Liver plays a vital organ role in the dog’s life, so if you see these symptoms in your canine, then call your canine vet;
- Increased thirst
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetites
- An unstable walk
- Increased need to pee
- Yellowish eyes, tongue, and gums
Signs of weakness in dogs
- A buildup of fluid in the belly
- Blood in the pee and poop
- Dark urine
- Sinus issue
- Ligament or tendon issue
- High temperature
- Pressing the head against things
- Odema swollen in lower limbs
- Nervous system disorder
- Dry and infected nails
Causes of Liver problem
There are two reasons behind the cause of Liver failure. Moreover, it can happen due to aging or genetic problems. And Liver problems can be due to infection, trauma, and sometimes some medication that hurts our beloved friend’s Liver. As well know Can dogs drink apple juice? And what is the cause? So the cause of Liver diseases are;
- Some poisonous plants and herbs, such as ragwort, mushrooms, and blue-green algae
- Untreated earthworm
- Issue with pancreas
- Fatty foods
- Use of painkiller
- The mold that grows on corn
- Environmental toxins
- Heartworms drugs
- Food additives
- Flea and tick pesticides
- Viruses disease
- Chemical cleaners
In this condition, call your vet may. Be your vet and recommend blood tests, X- rays, and ultrasounds to get pictures of what’s going on with your fur baby.
Treatment depends upon the Dog Liver Disease, so the vet needs to see how much it damages the Liver. Here we discuss some Liver treatments.
Milk thistle may help to recover the liver disease.
Antibiotics help to reduce the infection of the Liver and, according to your vet’s advice, change your beloved friend’s other medication they take.
In this situation, your canine needs a special diet that gives the nutrients and calories to recover the Liver. Can Dogs Eat Coconut? Is it best for dogs?
If your dogs have a cyst or tumor, they need urgent surgery.
Stages of the dogs liver failure
- The first stage is abnormal inflammation; in most cases, it can be treated with dietary changes and medications.
- The second stage is fibrosis; in this case, the Liver begins to scar and harden.
- Further, the third stage is cirrhosis; in this stage, permanent scars are characterized on the Liver.
- So the last stage is Liver failure; in this situation, the Liver doesn’t work correctly.
To prevent your furry friend from Liver Diseases, you must keep an eye on these points.
- Reach out to your puppy from harmful substances such as chemicals, antifreeze, pesticides, and medications.
- Remember that you never give the medication to your dog without the consultation of your vet.
- Keep your pet healthy which can help with diabetes and Liver disease.
- Follow the instructions of the prescribed medication and avoid overdosing. Here know about the disadvantages of Dogs Heat Stroke.